Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Welcome to Lanzhou in the spring time!!!!

So, for the last few days in Lanzhou, we have been having dust storms, most highly annoying and one really scary. Like every day. I (Mike) am almost afraid to go out biking for fear I will get sandblasted while riding. Here are some pics that our upstairs neighbor took yesterday of by far the worst one yet.

Anyone know any fun (yet safe) things one can do in a dust storm??? Certainly not walking: Amanda and Christina were caught in one. I (Amanda) was thankful for my contacts and hat - and that fact that He gave me strong legs to run on!

Crazy, huh?! In the springtime, lots of people are outside enjoying the weather. This weather, though, keeps everyone inside!

If you remember these same pictures from other shots, you'll know that you are SUPPOSED to be able to see the mountains in this view!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

never seen anything like that...