I was asked to join the Foreign Language Department's women's volleyball team. They were going to be playing a game each day for about a week: would I like to join? I said, "Uh, sure. Do they know I've never played except pick-up games with 10 on each side?"
They gave me a sweet (as in cool) uniform: shirt, pants, socks, and sweat towel. The shirt is pink! I affectionally called us "Team Pink". :)
I got to know some of my foreign language colleagues. All but one spoke some English (she is the Japanese teacher), so I talked a lot with Alina, Snow, Jane, and the others. Christina was also on the team (she's much better than me!)
Mike attended a game or two and captured some great videos and pics. I hope you enjoy! Please lift up these relationships: There will be a basketball season either in the coming month or in the fall, and I am guaranteed to be asked. May I show Him clearly, not myself.
In this video, we perform the team cheer (1-2-3-Win!) and then start playing. Bummer: The video clearly shows me walking to the sideline to watch, not staying on the court to play. Alas, we sometimes must "rest" from the game while others play :)
These are genuinely nice ladies, who just happen to look like they are 20. In reality, they are not 20: They have 8-year-old kids! I hope for more time this year and next to get to know them.
More stories to come... soon!
M+A

1 comment:
ooo man I have been dying to play some vball.
Post a Comment