So, below you feasted your eyes on the dust storms that plague our area in the spring time. Now, it's time for the other view of spring. The flowers!
Some are familiar favorites, like the lilacs. I love this smell: It reminds me of sitting by the firepit with Daddy in the early spring and of the scent they bring when Momma cuts some and brings them in the house. Delicious enough to almost eat!

And the bleeding hearts that my Grandma watches closely in the spring for the first signs of new life!

Then, there are the "welcome spring" flowers. These are little yellow bursts of sunshine that are some of the first to appear in spring. Hence, the translated name: Welcome spring!

I failed to capture the most spectacular electric-pink flowers, though some of these trees take a close second and third!


It's a little eerie to have spring here for almost 4 weeks already, knowing that spring has only just arrived last week in Minnesota. I'm loving it!

Just this morning we had a thunderstorm (not quite MN caliber) that washed away some of the dust from the sky and ground. As I walked with my umbrella, I thought, "Just a few weeks back, I was worried about slipping on a little ice!" Ah, my MN training!
We hope you enjoy this small taste of spring on the other side of the world! Can't wait until you get all the flowers in your backyard! :)
M+A
P.S. Some of our restaurant-working friends enjoying the sunshine as well, as they work outside!
1 comment:
these pics are beautiful, i really really miss you guys.
Post a Comment