As we get closer to the six-month mark of being in China, I am starting to think back and forward, trying to get a sense of this all. How could six months have passed so quickly?!
In many ways, so much has changed and so much has happened to us. In others, this life here just seems, well... normal. It's almost hard to remember life B.C. (before China).
Have we become China versions of ourselves, indelibly marked by our experiences here, unable to return to the people we were before? In deepest honesty and hope, I HOPE SO.
The Father has been teaching me so many things, from the first days I believed almost ten years ago to this very day. It is my greatest desire that we've been pruned and shaped into stronger people who are more willing to lean on Him.
Sure, the worries come: Can I do this? Will I be a good teacher? Will these kids learn anything from me? Will they see in me something brighter and truer that will impact them? As the song says, "Am I too dirty for Your light to get through?"
We certainly don't have all the answers. Yes, SIX MONTHS ago we got here, but what a short time to process such deep happenings! There is so much to tell and to share, we are starting NOW so that we will have a clearer story to tell you in a few months when we visit the States.
We're trying to find a way to sum up our lives here, not into a neat little package, because it isn't! We hope to convey to you a deep impression of how our hearts ache and bleed and soar as we go about "daily life" here in LZ. What a life!!!
All this to say... well... what? Please think about us, so that we can step back in order to help you step in. We want to show you life here without your being here, so you can see how very much YOUR role affects this daily life. You are indispensable here. Thank you.
Trying that again: All this to say... Thank you. We love you guys!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment