The Things You Get Used To, Volume 4 – Sans Dryer
I did not think it was possible, but I have become comforted by the fact that all my laundry, for all of laundry day and the next, is hanging around the apartment – hanging on clip hangers from our pipes and a line that Mike creatively strung up in our spare room.
I’ve grown to LOVE this part of life: Walking into our home to a room full of clean laundry is the best smell! Yes, Tide is alive and well in China and smells every bit as good – if not better – here.
I find myself wanting to do laundry more often than normal (oh, yes, domestication is suiting me well!), just to have that amazing clean clothes smell when we walk in. I’m sure there are some of you out there that know the “fresh cotton” scented candles out there… well, we get the same thing the old fashioned way here!
P.S. Yes, I just did laundry a few hours ago. And, yes, I did walk near the clothes and breathe deeply just now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment