But I suppose we shouldn't jump the gun, to continue with the race analogy.
We've rounded out the third-to-last week of classes (almost), next week will hold a review and preparation for final exams, and the following week is our Finals Week.
I remember well what it was like to be in the midst of that week (what a nail-biter!), though our students only have their foreign-teacher-taught classes' finals in two weeks. Their regular classes end sometime in January. They don't seem too stressed: They are more worried about their Japanese or Russian finals (yes, their THIRD languages)!
Mike has been plugging away at our travel plans, flights, train rides, and hotel/motel/bungalow reservations. What a trooper! I think it's been really frustrating. The questionable situation in Thailand caused one of our flights to be canceled: But I think Mike has it all worked out. Parents, don't worry. Our org is monitoring the situation closely and we shouldn't be bothered by it at all. Please continue to lift up our travels though: safety as we travel, sanity for Mike as he plans, and peace and true relaxation as we venture out into the rest of China :)
How exciting for a Minnesota girl who had never been across the "pond" before!! WOO!
I'm showing a movie tonight - Mr. Holland's Opus - for my film students. Great movie about a teacher should be great motivation for them, since they are all teaching majors :) Should be a nice relaxing night...
Our Christmas tree is decorated, (no stocking to hang by the chimney with care - we could hang one on the radiator, I suppose!), our apartment is decorated with white paper snowflakes (mostly courtesy of artsy Mike), and other festive decorations. I plan to get some pictures up soon.
I just love the Christmas spirit of joy and celebration!
Much love to you as Christmas fast approaches! I hope you are able to dig out from the 7 inches of snow in MN!
M+A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment