Thursday, February 26, 2009

Serving where we are...

So, tonight was fun.

Earlier today (at lunch), Christina and I went to one of our favorite places to eat. We call it "Standby," because the food is always good.

Christina asked what the word was for "apron", noticing that all the servers wear the same style. The head owner lady, our wonderful "Ayi," told her and then insisted on giving us one.

So, tonight for dinner, I decided to have a little fun.

Under my coat, I put on the apron, tucking the long part up under my coat (a thorough disguise).

Then, during the middle of dinner, I jumped up, ripped off my coat, and started clearing tables and pouring tea.

The two owners who are always there, the other servers, and the customers started laughing and giggling. (Ayi just giggled and showed Mike where to put the dishes he was clearing!)

Christina and Amanda just about lost it. Luckily, Christina had her camera out and caught the whole thing.
Me and the Owner Guy! (He usually is smiling - not sure what he was thinking at this moment!)

Try not to laugh too hard!
(Amanda is laughing really hard in this video - yes, I know that I look like I am crying! Just so you know, I watched the video again.... and about died of a stomache-ache from laughing... and I was THERE! I can just imagine how tickled you are to see this!)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Too funny! We miss you both so much. We would have enjoyed the show I'm sure Mike put on!

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness!!! So at the beginning of this (after I read the description of what took place) I was really moved, i know sounds kinda weird, but WOW, Mike I so love how you've adapted to your surroundings and choose to make people laugh and love on them through service! And then I watched the video... BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, so funny!!! I miss you guys so much! I'm so glad you are serving this way. I LOVE IT!!! And i love you. Oh and amanda, your "deep thought" I just so needed to hear that and to be asked that question, Do I love Him? PtL... Bec