Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday night thoughts...

Okay, Mike is making me look bad now, what with all his colorful and hilarious stories and blog posts!

Nope, I don't have a funny story... but I learned something deep this week.

Coming off a week of sickness and whatever-ness, I was feeling weak and tired. I thought to myself, "I can't do this. I don't have the strength." Hmmm...

Then I thought, "Exactly."

It's sometimes hard to admit weakness or that we are really sick (who LIKES going to the doctor anyway?!). But, boy, am I grateful that I heard a really timely message as I was walking to class.
"I can never do this all on my own strength. In my weakness, His strength is made perfect and known."

I walked into that first Tuesday, 8 a.m. class and I felt the energy overwhelm. I fully realize it had nothing to do with me. And, isn't that a glorious thought!?

Then, today, I taught my very first graduate class. I expected 45 or so non-committed, stone-faced students who didn't want to be in class on late Friday afternoon any more than I did. I certainly had to repair my attitude, so I did some thinking on the 11-minute walk.

I walked in and saw 3o-some odd smiling faces (yes, some were tired-looking), and I understood that they were amazing children, just like I was. I was so thankful.

Then, this evening, Mike says, "Here, honey: we got mail." A blessing came to us all the way from Saint Paul with encouragement and love sealed up inside an envelope. Thank you, thank you, Sherry!!

We are surrounded on all sides, inside and outside with such love and encouragement that I am overwhelmed at this moment. I'm thanking Him for you... may you feel the peace and joy thought by me for you, even across great distance.

There you go: I am the yin to Mike's yang (that's "yeen" and "yong" to those who butchered this phrase like I did pre-China!). My more serious thoughts to the exuberance that is Mike. Dontcha just LOVE him?!

Don't you just love Him?

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yes, we love you both!