Saturday, January 24, 2009

One story from Thailand...

We had the most amazing morning today! We signed up for this high ropes course with zip lines, thinking it would be pretty cool but having no idea it would be THAT cool.

There were 12 zip lines (one was 120 meters long!), 14 tree house stations, 3 belay stations, and the most amazing views :)

Mike, of course, was in heaven and swinging upside down and being totally fearless.

The only way I was NOT scared out of my gourd was there was another girl with us who was petrified of heights (a couple from London were in our group, and Lucy hates heights!).

By encouraging her, I was able to not think about whether I was scared or not! There were a few times when I had to let go and lean out face first over a drop of a hundred feet - Ahhh!!!

They served us lunch (VERY tasty Thai food - seriously, the BEST vegetable dish I've ever had.) Our two guides - Junior and Sammy - were two Thai native and they had great people skills. They made jokes as they made sure we were super safe (don't worry, Moms!).

In the end, it was totally worth getting up at 5:30 am for... something we will remember forever. (Our tour was 6 am to 1 pm - pick at 6 am was a little late, but it was nice to be able to run and get some breakfast!)

We have lots of rest planned

Again sorry about no pictures, Hopefully we can use a friends computer soon and put some up.

1 comment:

Dyer Importance... said...

As soon as you mentioned the activity, I just knew Mike would be in heaven! Relax and enjoy your time in Thailand! Thinking of you both often!