Our friend from college (UMD) came to visit us in Lanzhou! She arrived safely here, with only a short delay on her flight, and we've been having so much fun!
We took Kelley on a tour of campus, showed her our classrooms, and introduced her to a few students. We took her shopping at Tou Hi and took some great pictures!
Seriously. I am only this pale because of the sunlight bouncing directly off my face. I have not grown whiter since coming to China... Seriously. Not funny. I can hear you laughing!
The three of us will leave today at 4:30 on the overnight train. We are so excited to experience this common travel mode - and we hope that no smokers will bed down near us!
We'll be together for the next two weeks, so we are having a great time reminiscing, chatting about old stories, and experiencing all the great things that China has to offer :)
M+A

4 comments:
yeah kelley!!!! i am so happy she made it there safely and that she is able to visit you two. you guys are going to have a blast. what is she looking at in the second picture, rocks, peanuts?
love you,
ali
Good luck with the no smoker. Every train I've been on is a smoke fest but I'm ready to get on the train once again.
Amanda although I appreciate the fact that the sun is shining on your face, I can't help but notice that it is also shining on Kelley's face in the picture above. So I'll just think of it as the Son shining on your face :-)
Save travels and we love you.
Kelley and I are looking at all sort of roasted nuts at the open air market, Ali.
Chris, I think light bounces off my skin more than most, I guess :) Love you too! We're having a great time, and we can't wait to share more with you!
Post a Comment