Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Mid-November!

We can hardly believe that we have been in China almost two months! Wherever does the time go?

When we look back at the last 7 weeks, we see anxiety over lesson planning, classes full of expectant and intelligent students, office hours with our apartment bursting at the seams with 50 students, and wonderful times of bonding with our beloved Christina (our teammate) and other foreign teachers here in Lanzhou.

How blessed we are!

I (Amanda) have been feeling a bit sick for the last week. While nothing deadly, it certainly is giving me those feelings of weakness and helplessness. It has caused me to lean and rely more on Him and on my wonderful, caring teammates. However, I really, really dislike being sick. I've always been told that I am a terrible sick person. Sorry, team :)

Some great news: Our visit from our teaching mentor is done, and we did very well! She visited two classes each for Mike and me, giving great insight into problems we asked her about and being very generous with her praise. Though we were really nervous, the visit went well and we enjoyed it immensely. If only I had been feeling a bit better...

We are resolved to post more often, so thank you to those you are faithful and encouraging! More to come, more regularly! Please keep us accountable :)

We think of you often and I hope to start a fun little addition to the blog soon: The Things You Get Used To. First edition to follow soon... :)

Much love,
The Kellers