Just to recap our lovely First Anniversay... only about 3 weeks late :)
Mike and I have wonderfully generous friends. We were able to celebrate our first anniversary by heading out of town on a clear winter Friday to spend the weekend at a cabin up near Brainerd, MN. When we woke on Saturday, softly falling snow greeted us! We fixed fun food, watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, made fires, played in the snow, and generally enjoyed the time alone.
Of course, we had to have a nice dinner out to celebrate. Mike had the extreme pleasure of providing transportation for our trip. Picture this: back country roads, inches of snow, no cell service, middle of nowhere MN, UNplowed roads, 15 miles to go... and 4-wheel drive. I am thankful! I was a little white-knuckled and Mike was giddy! The trip was so worth the fun/stress when we had fabulous food at Iven's on the Bay. We recommend it!
We are grateful for the people who have blessed us and poured into us as we have continued to learn what it means to be married: both the hard parts and the extreme blessings. I am so thankful for my husband, and I know he loves me completely. We pray that the Father would bless your marriage and ours, and that the coming year would bring increased love, a greater closeness, more thankfulness, and a fuller devotion to your sweetheart and your Father. EVERY good gift comes down from the Father...
Til next time...
